Amber Valley School Sports Partnership’s (AVSSP) vision is ‘to provide as many high quality experiences for pupils in PE, School Sport and Physical Activity within Amber Valley. They achieve this by:
- PE: Supporting PE Departments in providing inclusive and innovative ways to deliver the curriculum
- Competition: For all ages, sexes and ability ranges across the borough linking to local clubs and progressing to as many level 3 county competitions
- Leadership: Offering all students a way to be recognised for their work in volunteering and leadership with a pathway for the best students to be given additional support
- Club links: Sign posting students to clubs both in and out of the borough in order for them to fulfil their potential
- Legacy: Providing opportunities for students to retain their excitement surrounding London 2012
Amber Valley School Sport Partnership have been in existence since 2005. AVSSP were previously funded by central government as part of the Physical Education and School Sport Strategy for Young People. The SSP were tasked to increase the number of young people accessing 2 hours of High Quality PE.
AVSSP needed a feature-rich online experience for AVSSP to meet their growing organisation’s needs and to reflect their increasing service offering.
The new website includes e-commerce as well as an online calendar and booking system, all managed through a Content Management System (CMS). Everything is supported with ongoing maintenance and dedicated resource.